View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearwolf View Post

I've been having trouble deciding between vinyl and leather. Obviously vinyl is cheaper but leather would be correct. Is it noticable?

I like the idea on running without paint for a couple of seasons. That'll get me on the road a lit quicker. Seeing most ERA cars are painted after bonding there probably wouldn't be a lot of added struggle to paint it after it's a running car anyway.
The 427 SC cars used vinyl upholstery from memory. It may be that FIA cars, since they were intended for competition, may have also had vinyl seats. Possibly a question for the "Originality" section of the forum.

You typically need to paint after bonding the body and frame. There are a few areas that rivet after bonding - most notably the rocker panels to the frame outrigger tubing but also a couple places in the nose. I guess it would always be possible to carefully drill and rivet the rockers later and leave exposed bare rivet heads or carefully touch them up with a brush and touch up paint.