View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #259
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORHEAD View Post
Morris: Have tried several times thru the years to track this thing, but it never worked out.
Even if I was able to get it on a track to bed the brakes, how long would it be back on the street before they were glazed again ? If this time the bedding procedure fails, I will be on the hunt for a more civilized pad.

Ted
Ted

Once you bed the pads and rotor in on a race track, they will only work on the race track..... they will not work on the street as they have to much metal in them which makes the compound to hard for the Street.

That is why you have to have different sets of pads.... one set for the track and one set for the street which will be a lot softer material and less metal in the pads.

As you can see here we Painted the Rotors with Temperature Paint to know the operating range of the Front Brakes

And here you can see all of the air we pump into the center of the Rotor and to the Caliper to keep them cool.... Front Rotors will run 1100*degrees & Caliper should be under 350*Degrees

That is why you can't use track pads and rotors on the street.... they operate at to high of a Range.

Street pads and rotors will operate at a very low temperature to be effective.

Hope this helps.