View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 09:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
I agree, with both of you (twobjshelbys, and rbgray1) Your right Tony, Ryan Martens have done nothing but damage,(Ask HighPlainsDrifter, he's just the latest) to the Classic Roadster name, in which I don't think it will ever recover from. And yes, Rob, we need to get the molds, etc. into someone's hands that can build the company into it's formal self. Any idea's Rob, how we could do this??? Cheers Tom.
Perhaps the best solution is to get the moulds (Canadian spelling) / molds into the hands of a qualified / experienced fiberglass manufacturer. The manufacturer could either own the moulds / molds or use them under license from Ryan Martens. Any licensing / manufacturing agreement could easily define who has rights to sell them to which customers (e.g. auto body shops, fabricators, end users / Cobra owners, etc.).

While selling the moulds / molds may provide valuable cash to Ryan, he may want more $$ for them than someone is prepared to pay. Regardless, he may want to retain ownership (for whatever reason) and therefore not be interested in selling them.

Obviously he doesn't need to own the moulds / molds or even fabricate the body parts to build cars - he only needs access to the manufactured components. CR III may be far more successful by outsourcing body and frame manufacturing and focusing on assembling cars and servicing customers (and I don't mean how a stud horse services a mare... LOL).