View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

Several years ago I went to an upholster to get the interior redone and the top in a box installed. I made an appointment ( I got in line). After waiting an period of time I called and was told that I was late, he had expected my car days before. I delivered the car and parts. Next day the upholster called and said I have a problem . He had measured and laid out tape and showed me that the windshield was off center by about 3/4". The tape ran across the left door but inside the right door. So I had to take the car home( it was pouring down rain) and get that point resolved. So now home in my garage. I get the dash out, the uprights were bolted outside the brackets, both sides. The uprights are 1/4" thick and the brackets are 1/8" so I moved the uprights to the right 3/8"centering the windshield. Left side upright to other side of bracket and the right needed 3/8 " thick washer spacers. removed the windshield and healed the holes in the cowl and painted and wet sanded and such. I had purchased the new windshield earlier. The next day after the car was back together. I had a friend over to show my car only to have him point out that the new windshield had a crack. As time went on more cracks appeared. Now it's time to get this and other points resolved. The tabs on the cowl hoop are really minimal . The location in cowl with wipers say that it has to come through the cowl here but the angle is wrong. The bottoms of the uprights will need to come rear ward probably farther than the existing brackets will allow. With everything still together( the car is still drivable), I'm planning on the need to replace the brackets on the cowl hoop. I'll get everything back to normal before I spring for another windshield again.