View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 12:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

So maybe somewhat out of place, but I jus got done staring at Mr. Martins post for several minutes in complete disbelief I guess would be the closest word for it. Actually kind of at a loss for words, very out of character for me. I really spent most of my time debating the futility of a response. I understand him not wanting to get in a war of words or justifications. Honestly I wish him the best, and hope in the end there is a viable business from which to pay for and receive products in an efficient and timely matter. I know nothing about him personally and I would say at this point would be extremely cautious, and reserved in dealing with him. I really hope everything works out to the positive for him and the customers involved. I get the attempt at trying to set the record straight so to speak. However none of that really matters compared to his statements of response and the childish response about the molds. I mean he totally negated his positive business model change. Pretty much instantly questions the business model. Really? Obviously he's keeping some kind of tabs on this and other cobra boards. What businessman of any substance wouldn't? Facing the cold hard truth, not playing nice with your only potential resource of a revenue stream and interest is financial suicide. As I cannot speak to the long term operating issues or handling as mine is not yet built, it does not dilute my observations regarding it overall, and current market viability. Ease of bodywork? Try quality of gel coat and proper fiberglassing techniques and application. In my opinion that is the first thing he should have marketed, replacement panels and bodies. He had the molds, and I have never heard of a safety requirement and testing of fiberglass, maybe there is. Anyone can make a female mold, and we might have to at some point. While not plentiful, there are kits unbuilt, or partially available. I know news to no one hear. Positive points aside, it is an old kit, old tech, with no support, parts or resources. Why on earth would someone throw themselves into that quagmire? Way to many quality and well known brands in an oversaturated market. I guarantee anyone wanting a Cobra can name at least four brands right off the top of their heads. All of which are close in price, and you can find complete ones all day long between $20 to 30k. Thanks for your time, just had to state the obvious I guess.