View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 05:09 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestoCreations View Post
I can certainly tell you it wasn't about my choice of the Ford Racing 363 that determined the price. That car had non stop attention. I hate to tell y'all, but the cobra market is in a decline.
The other factor was that the polished finished scratched by people barely touching the car or brushing up against it. That is no fault to the Kirkhams, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that it is not worth it. Plus, the car had swirls and scratches from buffing when it arrived from the Kirkhams. The hood and dash were a mess and I was charged in state local taxes as well to bump it to 16K even though i am in Alabama.
One debacle after the other....options added, options subtracted, no leather dash, random hole in dash, crap ass futura tires instead of quality tires, and always an excuse. That was my experience and it took almost two years to get my car because they love shelby so much and provided cars to them first. My car had numbers of doors and hoods from other cars.
Quote:
One last thing; I forgot that my car was left with so many huge pits in the metal that nobody would touch it. Filed finish was suppose to mean that the owner could sand and polish it himself, but not in my case. I begged local experts to weld it, but they wouldn't touch the car because of the defects, so i had to pay an extra 3K to send it all the way back to Utah from Alabama. Even after I got it back from polishing by the Kirkhams, there were divots in the finish with black polish collected in them. And, they blamed me for the hood that had huge holes around the scoop, which I had nothing to do with. They replaced the hood, but the blame was still attributed to me. It was always as if I owed them something, even when screwed over.
Quote:
And every time I called and managed to get someone on the phone, they would be yelling in Spanish to someone in the background. The running joke at the auction is that now David picks up his empolyees at the local Home Depot.
I remember when I asked about the terrible filed finish the response was,” oh, well I thought you were going to paint it”. That was never the case. Some excuse

Well, nothing like a little "sour grapes" for breakfast. And I suppose it's just human nature to blame others when you lose money on a deal, but to take full credit for everything when you make it.