View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 95 EFI 5.0
Not Ranked     

Ok, going back on my build.
I always had a issue with body sitting high at the (I know it was the rear, but it may have been a little high in front too.).
I am talking like a inch high...

I had a hard time figuring it out but acme to the realization that part of the parking brake was hitting the rear transmission hump part if the body (the part that is the cockpit).
I realized this as I was going through DV's body/door mounting procedure, so on my car the door inserts where removed around the same time I discovered the body not quite fitting right.

If your car had the door inserts removed and sat for awhile, maybe the body flexed down so the rear sat on the rear deck of the frame.
I doubt that through as that trans tunnel part on the rear cockpit is way too close too allow to sag to set in.... But you should check. It was not easily apparent to me.

Question about the doors you already have fitted, do all the gaps match or remain tight except for the top rear where the gap should be larger?
Per DV's door/body mounting instructions, ther should be a larger gap there, where you will close it by lifting the rear of the body slowly (closing that gap) and then installing the rear plate to prevent the rear from dropping again.

If your door gaps are perfect all the way around, I would double check everything as something does not seem right, if the rest of "lines of the body" seem right, I would say install spacers. and carry on with the rest of the build.