View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 07:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodabest View Post
Looks great! Just curious of a few specifics. Compression ratio, lift, lifters used (lunati, comp?), rockers. Minimum octane? I personally don't care as much for the horsepower number, other than as a basis on which to reference other build schemes. But the performance you describe is right where I'm aiming for with my 408w build. I'll be getting my cam from Brent, but first I need to spec a compression ratio so I can get pistons ordered.
Off the top of my head it’s 10.5:1 and I run it on 93 octane from the local shell,BP etc. Cam is a hydraulic roller and lift is 580-590 and it has ford Motorsport modified lifters. I want more power but this will do for right now. I can’t tell you the amount of people that freak out over how it sounds. Its really loud and has some serious thump to it. In all reality it’s way more than you would ever need in a street car but then again what’s practical about a cobra. It will cruise at 2000rpm but it really needs to be at 2200-2400 to get up on the cam and smooth out. I highly recommend Brent he will not steer you wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklemming View Post
What kind of nitto tires?
And what size.
I do not find many 15” street tires on there web site.
Thanks
Tires are Nitto NT555R 325-50-15. They are inexpensive and I’m really pleased with them. Mickey Thompson makes a 325-50-15 and im sure it’s a great tire as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
Just curious if you park on uneven ground do your doors open?
Not an issue in my car. I actually even have a parking brake that works which is rare among SPF cars around here.