View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 05:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 824 with 470 FE BBM street 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
Evan - you can remove the steering wheel, loosen the brackets holding the steering column to lower it as much as possible, wrap the column to protect the finish, and remove the screws holding the panel and lower it to where the column will support it. Just don't completely unscrew the column bracket - lower it as much as possible. There are so many cables, wires, etc connected to it that it won't go anywhere. Then as Patrick said you can access it from the top.

Wish I could help more on the root issue but Patricks on the case so he will get it figured out - I have confidence in him.

On the broken visor - don't sweat it - gives you a reason to order those from Finish Line with the gold Cobra label like the originals.
Dan,
I was able to drop the dash about 3/4" which actually made a huge difference in being able to fit my hand up behind the fuel gauge so I got the gauge put back together. I was not able to get the two dashboard end screws (behind the doors) started and gave up before I hurt the car or me. Will also check with ERA on tips to get the dash into just the right position to get those screws started.

Unfortunately the visor that broke was from Finish Line with the gold engraving. Replacement and a spare are ordered. That was easy enough.
Evan

Last edited by ACHiPo; 05-13-2019 at 05:49 AM..