View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 11:05 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

My automotive textbooks, from auto shop classes back in the 70's, tend to be pretty darn close to how my ERA is built, including the electrical system. Of course, ERA has a very detailed build manual, wiring info, and a good web site. Now, if you're looking for the old 60's to 70's training courses, like the Ford service training courses, you can find them here:

Library Ford Tech

For learning about the electrical system, you could start with the 1962 Ford Service Course on Electrical System Maintenance and Light Repair on that page. From there, go right down the line on the courses that interest you, like alternators, ignition systems, and working with wiring diagrams. Then, go through the Ford Shop Tips, on that same page. Shop Tips are great and there are detailed discussions on everything from starter systems to fixing rattles. And nothing shuts people up faster on internet debates about "how it was back in the day" than pulling out a Ford Shop Tips that specifically discusses the issue, in detailed depth (like, how low does the oil pressure have to go before the light comes on in a 427).