View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

I took a chance, I tried one of the EM button headed ferrules. I chucked the threaded body into the drill press chuck and started with a large flat file.. I turned out to be Stainless Steel material and it took me longer to clean the file than it took to file in the nice radius and polish with sand paper and crocus cloth. I left about half of the original head thickness full-unchanged, So I rounded top outside of the button head ferrule to about half the thickness and not all the way to the hole, so there is still some flat on top. The first ferrule looks great. So I will continue. If I could get the soft and side curtain ferrules established before the windshield epic. I need to see other soft top and side curtain installations . How the edges and corner meet. The side curtains gauge the windshield positioning. and last would be to finish the soft top install. I'll take any advise, instructions and pictures.
Roadsters are great but it does rain some times, especially here in WA. I never started in the rain but been caught out in it. It poured down.

Last edited by Michael C Henry; 11-11-2019 at 09:27 AM..