View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 04:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750hp View Post
Scregan, did you buy it? Looks like a lovely old car, and a solid base to update/refresh as you wish and as time and budget allows.

The market seems hotter for more recent ERA, Superformance, BDR etc, with a lot of people thinking that old equals less desirable. I’m sure there are many Arntz and other “built in the 70s and 80s Cobra replica owners who appreciate the true style of patina that can only be generated by seat time over many years. I had an Arntz, Dad still has an Arntz, and now I have an early Contemporary. All have their own charm specifically because they have decades of history behind them.

The one you’ve posted is a cool car and has some great character, but like olddog mentioned, the value of the car will be influenced by the relatively low spec of this particular build.
Love the looks of the car. Paint & upholstry were done by the best in the area. Build was recently completed and only has ~300 miles on it.
Owner is pretty firm at $47,500 for the car & that's too much, so I passed on the car.
I'll sell my Nomad in the spring & start looking again.