View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 06:31 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredG View Post
I like the small scissor jack idea. Going to look into that today.

Fred
I have two small supplementary scissor jacks. Compressed, they are five inches high. They will not fit under the frame of my ERA when the car has been sitting (they're just a hair too tall). However, if the car has been up on jacks, and the scissor jack is the last one to be lowered, the car will settle a little bit above the height of the scissor jack and you can pull it out from the frame. If you find yourself with a flat rear tire, out in the middle of nowhere, and all you have is one scissor jack, you're going to have a helluva time getting your rear up and off the ground. Even in the garage (where I have had a flat on the rear) you have to "work your way" up in to the air by jacking different points on the car in order to get a jack under the frame over on the side where the flat is. Doing it is almost like solving a puzzle where the trick is "OK, where do I jack in order to get enough clearance to place the next jack that will allow me to get the rear tire off the ground."