Thread: Engine ID????
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, 418
Not Ranked     
Default Engine ID????

I have BDR build 151 with a Ford Performance engine. I'm truing to ascertain info about the engine, ie: who built it, size/cubic inch, hp, etc..
Here's what I do know...1. BDR did not install the engine...it was shipped to a dealer in California who is no longer in business and I could find no information
about them. 2. On the block located next to the distributor shaft hole, the number 4K0063 is stamped. 3. It also has on the front of the block, driver side, raised letters in the casting, the Ford logo and "Performance" directly underneath it. 4. It is a complete roller engine, Scorpion roller rockers, Victor Jr. heads, Edelbrock Air Gap intake. The valve covers are "Ford Performance" which I believe to be the original.
What I was told by the second owners son was, he thought it was a 351 Windsor block bored to 418. He had no clue about anything else as he was selling it for his Dad who just had a stroke and couldn't remember anything about the car.
I originally thought the engine was built by Smeding Performance who was in California but since has moved operations to Bourne< TX. I talked with Jacob from Smeding and he said the numbers on the engine were not theirs.
Anyone have a clue about this engine I'd sure appreciate you sharing or perhaps if you know someone who may....THANKS, Ron ronthomas@cox.net, 870-688-1635