Thread: Engine ID????
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 09:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

You are mistakenly thinking like these cars were built bumper to bumper from one manufacturer. BDR did built most of the car minus the entire drive train. When it comes to the drive train (engine especially), it could have been built by anything from a individual in his own garage, to a specialty shop like Craft, Blykins, Roush, etc.....

I can build an engine, and stroke it to a different displacement. Unless I choose to attach a build sheet to the engine (which is rarely done), there is not one marking on the engine to give you a single clue as to what it is now. Only what the block was originally cast to be, is in the casting numbers.

In this case, you need to ask the kid, who sold it to you, about his fathers friends that he hung around with. Those guys will likely know something about the car. Also ask if he will look for records that the father had on the car. If that fails, search for the previous ower(s). DMV should have records of who has owned the car, if they are allowed to share that with you.