View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by krausewich View Post
Would anyone know where to source this heater bezel from?? Is there a matching one for the Air pulls?

Thank you,
Mike

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xl4hks2ejh...0Copy.jpg?dl=0
eBayŽ is the best market to find exactly what you seek design and condition wise. This is a CSX2201 and later system. All the switch gear parts are Ford ones except a spacer that AC Cars provided during installation.

Original parts from a Cobra.

Heater Switch
C2DZ-18578-A, Ford (engineering number C2DA-18578-A), original production assemblies were Cobra unique and made without cables for the manual door operation, for service assemblies the installer must remove the cable subassembly from the standard Ford switch back, switch has 3 bayonets for wires on back.

Heater Switch Knob
Ford (used on a Ford Galaxie air vent control cable) – black plastic including end insert (I have never figured out what the part number was. I have bought used vent cable assemblies from Galaxies to get knobs.)

Heater Switch Nut
C0DF-18545-A, Ford, chrome, 5/8 diameter at knob end, steps down to 1/2" diameter on inside end. 5/8" overall length, 1/2" long on the 1/2" diameter end.

Heater Switch Bezel
C0DF-18598-A, Ford (no engineering number on back)
Bezel top reads - PULL FOR HTR
Bezel bottom reads - FAN LO HI OFF

Heater Switch Spacer
S1CS-18600-A
Heater switch spacer is unfinished carbon steel tubing, measures 9/16" long, 5/8" outside diameter, 1/2" inside diameter.

Air pull? Do you mean the foot box ventilation valve control knobs one pushed to open the valves with at each end of the dash fascia? Those cable assemblies use British trim nuts so they are not like Ford bezels and nuts installed for heater demister switches in CSX2201 and later cars.

Note: Original painted on "AIR PUSH" text is the version that predominated for CSX2201 and later cars. Exact detail of the text and its location varied over the Cobra / 427 Cobra production time frame.

Last edited by Dan Case; 05-04-2020 at 07:34 AM.. Reason: add picture