LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2020, 10:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: MidStates, 351C, 4spd, 9"
Send a message via AIM to krausewich
Not Ranked     
Default Heater Bezel

Would anyone know where to source this heater bezel from?? Is there a matching one for the Air pulls?

Thank you,
Mike

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xl4hks2ejh...0Copy.jpg?dl=0

M. Krause

Last edited by krausewich; 05-03-2020 at 10:12 PM..
Old 05-04-2020, 06:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Mine came out of a 1962 Falcon. As far as I know, they are not reproduced, so you'll need to watch eBay or contact one of the vintage Falcon parts guys online.

This is similar, but not exact.
https://cgfordparts.com/ufolder/ford...r=C5UZ-18598-A
Old 05-04-2020, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by krausewich View Post
Would anyone know where to source this heater bezel from?? Is there a matching one for the Air pulls?

Thank you,
Mike

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xl4hks2ejh...0Copy.jpg?dl=0
eBay® is the best market to find exactly what you seek design and condition wise. This is a CSX2201 and later system. All the switch gear parts are Ford ones except a spacer that AC Cars provided during installation.

Original parts from a Cobra.

Heater Switch
C2DZ-18578-A, Ford (engineering number C2DA-18578-A), original production assemblies were Cobra unique and made without cables for the manual door operation, for service assemblies the installer must remove the cable subassembly from the standard Ford switch back, switch has 3 bayonets for wires on back.

Heater Switch Knob
Ford (used on a Ford Galaxie air vent control cable) – black plastic including end insert (I have never figured out what the part number was. I have bought used vent cable assemblies from Galaxies to get knobs.)

Heater Switch Nut
C0DF-18545-A, Ford, chrome, 5/8 diameter at knob end, steps down to 1/2" diameter on inside end. 5/8" overall length, 1/2" long on the 1/2" diameter end.

Heater Switch Bezel
C0DF-18598-A, Ford (no engineering number on back)
Bezel top reads - PULL FOR HTR
Bezel bottom reads - FAN LO HI OFF

Heater Switch Spacer
S1CS-18600-A
Heater switch spacer is unfinished carbon steel tubing, measures 9/16" long, 5/8" outside diameter, 1/2" inside diameter.

Air pull? Do you mean the foot box ventilation valve control knobs one pushed to open the valves with at each end of the dash fascia? Those cable assemblies use British trim nuts so they are not like Ford bezels and nuts installed for heater demister switches in CSX2201 and later cars.

Note: Original painted on "AIR PUSH" text is the version that predominated for CSX2201 and later cars. Exact detail of the text and its location varied over the Cobra / 427 Cobra production time frame.
1985 CCX likes this.

Last edited by Dan Case; 05-04-2020 at 07:34 AM.. Reason: add picture
Old 05-04-2020, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: MidStates, 351C, 4spd, 9"
Send a message via AIM to krausewich
Not Ranked     

Hi all, sorry I couldn't post a pic. The Forum hasn't let me since one of the big crashes way back..

Ivy.. Thanks for the reference. I have looked through CG's offerings and the one you linked may be the one I have to go with.

Dan.. Thank you for the break down. Yes, that is exactly the bezel I am looking for. Not sure what vehicle reference to search under. Ford usually shared parts across different lines and trim packages, but I can't seem to lock down this one! For the Air Pulls, yes I did mean for the footbox vents. I was interested to find out if there was a similar AIR bezel that matches the style and size of the HTR/FAN one. I'm not looking as much for originality as I am a cohesive set of bezels.

For those knobs, check out the link Ivy posted.. I know I have seen them recently in my search for bezels... In black and ivory.

M. Krause

Last edited by krausewich; 05-04-2020 at 09:15 AM..
Old 05-04-2020, 09:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by krausewich View Post
Dan.. Thank you for the break down. Yes, that is exactly the bezel I am looking for. Not sure what vehicle reference to search under. Ford usually shared parts across different lines and trim packages, but I can't seem to lock down this one! For the Air Pulls, yes I did mean for the footbox vents. I was interested to find out if there was a similar AIR bezel that matches the style and size of the HTR/FAN one. I'm not looking as much for originality as I am a cohesive set of bezels.
DC: You are welcome. C0DF prefix

C = designed for a 1960s decade vehicle

0 (zero) = designed for a 1960 model year vehicle

D = designed for the Ford Falcon vehicle family

The fourth character was Ford internal information.

CSX2201 and later Cobras include some Ford electrical designs that originated between 1940 and 1964 model years (1939-1964 year wise). You should be able to find an engineering and part number decoder easily on the Internet.

In the 1950S and 1960s there were generally similar Ford switch and cable bezels marked without text or with single word text TOP, LIGHTS, WIPERS, and CHOKE that are commonly for sale used and NOS. If they had one with just VENT, I have no idea.
krausewich and 1985 CCX like this.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

When I was looking for parts for my Cobra, I harvested these as potential vent knobs and bezels. I’m fortunate to have a really large junkyard near me that had a LOT of 1930s - 1970s cars of all makes. These came from Fords and looked period correct to me (thanks to this forum, I now have more correct assemblies).

The PULL FOR TEMP is an early 61-63 Falcon knob. The AIR knob came out of a big early 60s Ford (Galaxie or TBird). The plain one is out of an early 60s Fairlane, I believe. If you’re not looking for absolute accuracy, something like one of these might work for you.
Attached Images

krausewich, 1985 CCX and A/S65 like this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: