View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike I View Post
Wow, I've heard pretentious nonsense before on this site, but olddog and blykins, you guys elevate it to a higher art form.

Very, very few cobra owners can truly lay claim to building/owning exact replicas of original cars. olddog, by your own admission you own a "67 427 cobra SB," exactly what original model does that replicate? And blykins, you're "Cobra-less!"

You guys don't own replicas any more than I do, so get off your high horse.
There are degrees of sin.

A married man looks at another women, and has an un-pure thought.

A married man propositions another women, but decides to walk away.

A married man in a moment of weakness take another women to a hotel.

A married man has an affair.

A married man chases women every chance he gets.

A married man takes advantage of his neighbors teenage daughter.

A married man molests a 3 yrs old.

Are you saying that a married man who had an un-pure thought cannot judge a married man who had an affair? Or a married man who has had an affair cannot speak out against a child molester?

I never claimed to be pure or a purest. I actually said, in my first post in this thread, something to the effect "if you do not put the engine that belongs in a Cobra replica, at least keep it Ford, if at all possible."

Some of you seem like a man caught with a teenager, trying to justify what you have done by pointing out that most married people cheat.

You have to draw a line somewhere and say this is going too far. For me it is sticking a Chevy engine in a Cobra. I even allowed for a non Ford engine if it was creative and respectfully fast.

As for my Cobra, the single hoop roll bar bothers me more the the SBF. I purchased an already finished car. The previous owner was going to track the car and installed a roll bar that would allow it onto the track. Also a SBF has some advantages over the FE on a track. That said if I were to build a Cobra today it would be a 427 body with an FE engine.