View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
When I first got into my car 5 years ago I believe I drove it through the summer. In the past 4 years I think I have left it parked between late May and the end of September. I now DESPISE being in these cars in the summer. My 427w feels like it has the power of a Miata, the rpms drop a few hundred, and the throttle response sucks. It runs like it has 200hp more when it is 50 degrees out. I guess I’m a wuss but I jump in the car anytime I can when it’s cold out. I’m in Memphis and once the hot humid summer sets in...its over for me. I tip my hat to you guys who drive these cars in warmer climates. I could care less about the actual heat I just do not enjoy how the cars run and function. I should put an 800hp big block in it so that it will feel like it had 600hp in the summer!
I can understand your pain. Among the things I have done ( I live upstate NY and we get nasty humid summers too) I had to ceramic coat the headers and side pipes to reduce the heat in the cockpit, I mixed in waterwetter in the radiator and ensure that the fans will kick on at 200 degrees. My optimum temp is 180. If we cruise at slow speed like in town it is miserable since I do not have a top, the navigator aka wifey cannot tolerate the heat either. I try to stay for the most part in open roads and a void traffic jams. I have been trying to get like a bikini top but none fit my car since it is 4" wider than regular cobras.
Since I have done those changes the engine runs much efficient.