View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 08:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique and Collectibles Autos, Inc.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteCobra View Post
jkilstrom - that makes two of us with Coyote + A&C! I am subscribing as I want to see if I have the same issue you're running into and how you fixed it. I'm running Willwood brakes on 17" wheels.

How did you do the steering? I had to run three joints with a bearing support and also significantly modify (replace) the factory motor mounts. Did you also have a ton of fun modifying the firewall and foot boxes for clearance with the cam covers?

Regarding the sale of the company - I've worked with Ron a few times on ordering parts and technical inquiries on my build. I had a couple of complications with the delivery of my Cobra that included a damaged door. I didn't notice the door was damaged as it was still in the wrap until a month or two after delivery. That was totally my fault for not checking this at delivery time, so I was fully expecting that I'd have to buy a new door from them and called asking how much a replacement would be. Instead they replaced it almost no questions asked.

In short, I would not be worried about the company changing hands as Ron seems like a very honest guy and wants to make sure the customers are taken care of.
Hi CoyoteCobra, nice to hear from you.
In regards to the steering I used a 30" tilt column with three joints and a support as well. I also had to remove the alternator flange off the front cover so the shaft would clear.
For motor mounts I used A&C's small block frame brackets and two Prothane's. One for the modular engine and one for the 60's small block. Swapped the frame brackets with a few adjustments.
I didn't make any modifications to the foot boxes. I used a mockup so I could place the engine for proper clearance.
The owner ship of A&C transferred within the family. Ron has work with Joe. I reached out to Ron when I heard the Joe's wife's health had cause Joe to give up the business and care for her. Hope they're doing well.
If you get a chance check out my albums. John