View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC427, 427DartSHP
Not Ranked     
Default Need some help folks

After 8 long years of trying to get my build done, I am finally pushing it to the limit to get it ready for the San Marcos trip this October.

Running into a few hitches though. Here is the latest.

Some history. The kit was originally a Lone Star Classics kit from around 2006-ish. It came with an 8.8" rear end. The origins of which I have no idea, and therein lies the problem. The differential casting has the triangulated mounts at the top of the casting.

I have successfully added a 31 spline Eaton Trutrac along with 31 spline forged Yukon axles(axle length 29 3/4",for both sides.

I failed to add any Wilwood brakes due to the axle tube diameter being 2 1/2". It is mostly 3" (or so) in diameter until it drops to 2 1/2" the last 4 inches or so.

Now, my problem. I cannot find any brake pads to fit the calipers the kit came with. I have no idea what the origins of the calipers are. I have attached pictures of them.

At first, I thought the rear end might be circa 1995-ish from a Mustang. Then I found photos, of what appeared to be the calipers from a 1955 Mustang Cobra SVO. The calipers look very much like the right deal, but the pads are 2/3 the size of the ones needed for the calipers in the kit.

I would replace the calipers, if that was an option. Not knowing what the rear end came from makes it difficult.

Here is some information.

Rotor, vented and 10 1/8" in diameter. 15/16" thick.
Axle/Flange Offset 2 3/4"
Axle Tube diameter 2 1/2"
Caliper Mounting holes 3 3/4" apart.
5 bolt hub (although the rotors are drilled for both 4 and 5 lug hubs)
Axle length 29 3/4"

If you want to know anything else, I'll get it for you. I am dead in the water for completing the car without some brake pads or replacement calipers.
Attached Images

Last edited by Skuzzy; 08-16-2020 at 09:19 AM..