View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 10:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wow!! LOTS of exciting news on this thread!! First, lets all give thanks to Edmund, Ed Pease’s son-in-law, for his forthrightness in performing the difficult task of clearing up financial matters left after the loss of Ed Pease. What a wonderful ending to a two-year saga about the wiring harness saga! Son-in-Law Edmund sets a “do the right thing” example for us all!

Secondly, I am pleasantly shocked and overjoyed that RSK289 in Europe has not only created a schematic for the early Cobra’s with a Ford regulator, but he is so wonderfully gracious to share it with us! RSK289, if I sent you my address in a private message, would you send me an 11” wide by 17” long ( twice the size of an 8.5 x 11 standard sheet of paper)
Copy of it? I would gladly remit the cost of shipping and your time for doing so. You could also email to the address I sent you a high resolution file attachment, which I could then print out. Having the schematic twice the standard size makes it much more useable for resolving wiring issues. Perhaps you might even consider sharing it with Rhode Island Wiring, who many of us seek help from, and rely upon their continuing to make these limited edition products. Having a correct Schematic greatly reduces the cost of re-creating it.

Finally, Club Cobra Member Blas joined this thread, and apparently is also in the specialty wiring business. He has offered to assist in drawing up your diagram!

I’ll leave the “bigger picture” issues up to you, RSK289, but I would be eternally grateful to have a high Rez file of you schematic! I bought CSX 2073 in 1967 from its original owner, who had installed a Judson Supercoil system, and thus messed with the original wiring. Also, when he painted the car just before selling it to me, the painter must have removed the DB10 relay to access the body for paint. The reason I suspect this is because the turn indicators didn’t work when I bought it, and I struggled to figure out how to restore the wiring correctly. I was only 16 at the time, and wiring was more confusing to me than girls at that time! After 41 years of marriage, I’ve got the girl issue pretty well solved, but my Cobra wiring still perplexes me!! LOL!!!

PLEASE let me know about my request, RSK289!!
THANKS a MILLION to everyone for the super responses!!!
Bob