View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 03:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am located in NH, USA. I do appreciate all the answers so far. I do realize my statement was very very broad in my first post and the responses received dictate that with good advice. I have given that same advice. I reported I had the appropriate equipment for a task like this. I didn't want to get into what I do or have done but here goes.
I have restored multiple cars for myself and for shops that are well known in the vintage Ferrari world. The difficulty with 50's-60's Ferrari's is that not a lot, if any , "restoration" information is available and working on these cars takes a tremendous amount of research. Those circles are very small. Not to mention any factory information is in Italian. Included in what I call "restoration" was, is, mostly fabrication. Metal fabrication...body panels, chassis, etc. Working with steel and aluminum. These kinds of parts are not available, anywhere, and must be fabricated. In my case this involves the use of the following: welders (tig/mig/stick), my english wheel, power hammer, shrinker/stretcher, many different body hammer/dollies, body picks, shrinking discs...etc. All done in my shop. As previously stated work was not only on vintage Ferrari's but also included Maserati. Mostly fabrication was done but always turns into some sort of mechanical work as well.
With all that being said I did here from the gentleman with the cobra drawings. It was apparent that he has put a tremendous amount of effort and detail into what he is offering.
So I guess I would ask again: 1) Has anyone used cobra chucks plans to build a cobra
2) Has anyone dealt with or used Acton Enterprises's materials or products they offer
Just trying to heed a forum members advice as to purchasing a frame, whether, partial or done to take a few items from this project off the table. However, if the project needs to go that route then so be it.

Once again, Thank you for your time.
Cory