View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 02:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

I've done a lot of work on my VSE on pedal arrangment. I have sawed off an edge, added a solid block to one, heated and bent another. In my Formula Fords I have sawed off an edge at an angle to allow left foot braking. Adjusting the height will sometimes work.

The pedals have to be just right, especially if you are autocrossing or tracking the car. If you adjust your feet positions to turn or stop and your foot catches on a pedal or another foot you can be off the track in a blink. I can tell you it is very embarrassing scattering corner workers when things went awry.

I have some old leather sneaker style shoes which I have modified too, sawing off the edges and champhering them. This process is not all that expensive but it will take some money but mostly you have to think and then install and cut and fit until it works.

I ordered a new pedal cluster to use in the VSE but it didn't work and I sent it back. It is tricky business.

I went through a similar process on my steering wheel. Different diameters....I have a specially made 3/8" spacer. The cockpit in the cobra is very snug with no room for your left elbow except tight against your ribs. I wondered how the racers did it back in the day and if you check the old pictures you just very seldom see the elbow anyplace else....if its a fast car you learn to drive it.

....and I am not a really big guy....5' 8 and about 199#

As far as 2shelbys idea of trading rather than fixing....well, if I were buying today I would have a real specific list of things to check before purchasing as noted by another person, a half inch here or there can make a big difference.

Last edited by t walgamuth; 02-26-2022 at 03:56 PM..