View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 12:10 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Man View Post
Hi Folks,

After one year on the ERA wait list Peter has just started on my 427 chassis No 844. I am now Shopping for an engine, but the supply chain issues are creating a back log such that many of the usual engine builders have declined or been non responsive. Does anybody have experience of Prestige Motorsports for an FE turnkey build?
If the major engine builders from this site tell you they can't build you an FE for xxx number of months then believe them. Keep in mind though that all FEs look the same when they're in an ERA. That means a well built stroked and bored 390 is in many ways just as good, and sometimes better, than an original 428, like mine (which is stroked and bored to 447 cubes), or an OEM side oiler. If you've ever looked at an FE in an ERA you can't see the side of the block without an inspection mirror anyway. Blykins will build you a stroked and bored 390, assuming that he can get the parts, that will outperform the spec's on any of the original side oilers, by a long shot. So, keep that in mind.