View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 09:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley Daytona, Ford 302
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Company contacts aside, what are the rules now for bringing a new kit in to the UK? I thought it was practically impossible and that things had to be aged like fine wine. Or Scotch. Or does that apply to "finished" vehicles?

What do you plan to use for a power train?
Hi Tony
Sorry for the very much delayed reply. I had login problems with this site which I gather has happened to other people in the past. There aren't any real problems with importing kits as such as long as the import and vat taxes are paid. Once it's built it would have to got through what is called an IVA (individual vehicle approval) inspection which is quite a stringent test for low volume or self built cars here in the UK.
However, I'm the second owner of my Daytona in the UK and was told it was roughly assembled to be crated up to be imported here where it was converted to right hand drive and finished off. I'm keen to contact Shell Valley to actually find out more about the car from any records they may have. I'm pretty sure it has a 351w but not so sure about the drivetrain.
If there are any other SV Daytona owners out there who would like to share information please get in touch. Also I notice I'm the last poster on the SV section prior to today in July. What does this imply? You can be honest! This is not to Tony but everyone.
All the best.
Dek

Last edited by Daytona Dek; 10-14-2021 at 09:14 AM..