View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to Hoodabest
Not Ranked     
Default To PCV or not to PCV

If I finish the pun, I'll be hit by lightning (rightfully so). Anyway, it was suggested by another long time member to start a new thread on this subject to keep it as a specific topic of interest. I guess I'm asking what are the advantages to these examples:

- a "standard" PCV setup like a oh let's just say stock '66 mustang 289. PCV valve goes out 1 valve cover to plate under carb, opposite valve cover has vented filler cap with a hose into air cleaner.

- 289 cobra. Vented caps on front of both valve covers, hoses to puke tank on rear.

- FE with cast valve covers. A vented cap per side no PCV at all, and would that be it?

I'm guessing there's more configurations than this but, for the moment, my most pressing question is relating to the 408w being built in my engine thread. Below are pics of the valve covers I intend to use on this engine. They came with the caps and pcv shown.

The intake is an Edelbrock RPM air gap dual quad with matching carbs. I believe there is a provision for a pcv line on this setup. Is it as simple for this application as hooking up the pcv, or am I missing something. (Do I need a puke tank, etc.)
Attached Images