View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby factory competition Mark II 289ci sgl four barrel
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra View Post
Maybe your unnamed expert can get you a copy of the documents from the court case involving the title if the records are available to the public.

Maybe your expert could also see if the Shelby American controller from April 1964 is still alive and interview him to see if he recalls a mechanics lean on a wreck they were storing for over 4 months.
I have been unable to communicate with my "expert" for over 5 years, I believe he died as the last time I saw him he did not look well. He was not a personal friend so I did not feel comfortable with nor thought it was my right to question his health. At that time he did assist me in acquiring a period correct 289ci engine (January 3, 1963 manufacture) and a front clip for a 289ci Mark II. I originally had in mind to rebuild a car, that now is not possible due to my age and health issues.

I am checking into how I can review or obtain the court records through the California Superior Court system. Lot's of red-tape so far. Anyone out there want to send me a copy use michael@heinekegroup.com.