View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX2410
Not Ranked     
Default CSX2410 - from Barn to Concourse

We're finally to a point that I think it would be good to start a build log for CSX2410 restoration which is being completed by Vintage Motorcar Company in Inwood, WV. I will give fair warning, but I tend to get very heavy into the details so the posts will be long, but hopefully informative. The whereabouts of this car have been unknown by the Cobra community since 1972, during which time it has been owned and stored by my father in law. In July 2021 after quite a bit of discussion with my wife and him, we unearthed the car to determine a path forward to bring it back to it's former glory. In general, the car has been sitting since he pulled the car home on October 3rd, 1973 behind his Mercury Cougar until September 28, 2021 when VMC came to pickup the car to start the restoration.

The plan for the car is to restore it back to original Shelby America specification at a concourse level. We plan to restore as much of the original parts as possible, utilizing NOS or original used parts where possible, and then when needed using or making reproduction parts scrutinizing details and modifying when necessary.

If you have spare original parts which you might be interested to sell with the intent for them to be used in the correct rebuild of a CSX2000 series car, please contact me.