View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 10:57 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauderfh View Post
Is the current Backdraft market extremely soft?
I'm about to buy a new build for around 85k amd I was doing some research on prices. Outside of the kissimmee mecum prices which were outrageous, I'm seeing used backdraft going for 60k with less than a thousand miles on them. And anything more is about 30k. Several around 12k.
These cars are listed on trovit when you search Backdraft.

Going from 95k at some places to 30k seems like the highest depreciation in five years I've ever heard of.

Is this just how it is for Backdrafts?

What am I missing on these trovit cars?
As with anything else, buying a Cobra replica, new or used, should be treated not as an investment, but as a toy you want to have. Depreciation, absolutely. to the extent that you show above, not likely. Just figure as soon as your sign the paperwork and take possession, you have lost 20%, as they continue to build new ones, your older build will depreciate further. How much further depends on your specific cars specifications. Interior color, exterior color, rims, tires, drivetrain will all affect your cars specific depreciation and ultimate value upon resale.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS