View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 02:40 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompFi View Post
How would you assess value across the two series?
Thanks,
Brian
No difference between the two value wise. Fiberglass body vs Aluminum body, yes. But side by side, identically built CSX4000 series vs CSX6000 series, no.

Do not treat the car as an "investment for the future", but instead a shiny toy you want to own. Why, simple, because Shelby Enterprises is still pumping them out as fast as they can sell them, thus further diluting the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompFi View Post
With the passing of Mr. Shelby, what do you think the effect will be on the long term value of the recent 6000 series cars that don’t have his signature on the MSO?

Thanks,
Brian
None at all, sorry.

Bill S.

PS: I'm betting that during his lifetime, CS signed over 100,000 items, some are his actual signature, some are robo signatures he himself authorized. Sadly, they are both worth less today, than when they were originally signed. Value, sentimental more than monetary. Again, sorry.

PSS: I'm also betting that after is passing, the robo signing of his name continued, thus diluting the "value" you speak about above. Again, sorry.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS