View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5GTO View Post
The engine is fuel injected using a Ford EEC IV computer. It uses a MAF and has 24 lb injectors. I don't recall the throttle body or MAF size but they were considered large back in 1994 but are small by today's standards. All the EFI components (except for the ECM tune add-on) on the engine were supplied by Ford Motorsports in a "EFI package" purchased in 1994. The intake manifold is an Edelbrock Performer RPM of '90s vintage. So all components are old by EFI technology standards but I'd say they are time tested given the EFI has worked fine for 50,000 miles of driving the car.
Thanks for the memory reflash, Joel. With no carb to EFFI conversion required the only thing you need to decide is the ECU you will be using. If your current ECU is the Ford EEC-iV generation then this ECU <= clickable, should plug right into your existing wiring harness.

The OEM wiring harness connector for all the EEC-iV ECUs used the same geometry and pinouts. There may have been the occasional pin that was reassigned year over year but that is easily repositioned in the connector.

Alternatively you can use what you are already using and just have the fuel maps and engine specifics updated for the 347. Although you loose the add on stand alone features of the aftermarket ECU, you gain the simplicity of just remapping the existing ECU fuel map — and you save $1,500.

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.

Last edited by eschaider; 07-09-2022 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: Spelling & Grammar