View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 05:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodabest View Post
So my question is where are your spark plug wire looms from? I have Moroso 72133 in my cart that I'll be ordering tomorrow, unless you have a better suggestion. BTW I decided to move this question off of Sycraft's carburetor update thread, so as not to continue hijacking it. There's some great info there, take a peak.

Went ahead and ordered the recommended Bosch alternator, and will be putting in orders for the linkage, and march pulley setup, among other things, as soon as I call Summit and give them the ol' WTF on their lack of discount codes as of late. More to come.
The 72133 loom stands are what I use. Also MSD Super Conductor wires. I like the 50ohm per foot vs the 500ohm per foot on the Ford Racing wires I used to use.

Summit has slipped quite a bit in the past couple of years. I've had quite a few issues getting items shipped out the of the GA location. Although it always shows we'll ship today up to 10pm EST. Sort of a we'll get a label on it next week issue, we can't figure out how to create anything but a UPS label and then on only odd number days. So now I had them change my profile to FedEx only and ship from anywhere but GA. It takes a day longer to get items from OH but at least they ship the same week.

Jegs is the alternative but their search engine drill-down remains broken to one level only. You can enter Ford for example in the clutch section and it may or may not drill-down. Forget paring it down further such as Brand or Engine type. It does not respond. Which forces you to go thru 3448 items in the clutch section to find what you want. This issue has been going on for 3+ years at Jegs and they don't care to fix it either.

Jegs was recently sold to a Private Equity Firm. It won't be around much longer I feel. https://www.thedrive.com/news/44493/...te-equity-firm

Last edited by spdbrake; 07-19-2022 at 06:15 AM.. Reason: Update