Thread: Site is Back Up
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 01:20 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767Jockey View Post
(other than Jamo apparently moderating - is he still?)?
I got a public response out of him just the other day

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767Jockey View Post
I don't get it.

This was once such a busy, vibrant and active site. It seems now to be a mere shell of what it once was.
As with everything else in life, a good majority of the cobra owner and builders have aged out, sold off their cars, or parked them in a garage, allowed to collect dust (right Rodknock) until such time either they, or their next of kin, decide to part with them. Others have found that owning the Cobra is still something to savor, yet have gone out and purchased that late model Mustang, Corvette, or Porsche to fill their need for speed, all while being bathed in the lap of luxury. Others have just given up on sharing their time behind the wheel, their tips and tricks, their heartaches and busted knuckles. Most who are left these days have already finished their cars, sure a few show up now and then to tell us about their builds, rebuilds, and restorations. Some show up looking for information because they are interested in buying or building a car, a few of them stick around, most get a shock to their system when they find the $5,500 "unfinished kit" they purchased will need another $30,000+++ to get on the road. Others stumble in after watching a Youtube video, or watching a movie with a Cobra in it....Again, not all stick around, and even if they do, they prefer to lurk, but not participate. The really funny part is, I see that with quite a few of the older regulars, they prefer to not post, but their user logs show they still check in once a day, week, or month....I've been here for over 22 years, and have seen the ups and downs, the good and the bad, the trolls, and then some, all in a cycle that will repeat itself time and time again.

Again, just my personal observations, no chips on my shoulder, no responsibility other than to be a member who chooses to do more good, than grief for the moderator to deal with on his not so always free time.

Either you get it now, or you do not, that is once again, a personal item I have no control over.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS