Thread: Backdraft value
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2022, 02:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft RT3 #1115
Not Ranked     
Default Backdraft value

I have an RT3 Backdraft #1115 I am going to put up for sale in the near future, this was a VMS build in 2012 to original owner in Auburn California, traded back to VMS in 2021, serviced at that time and then sold to 2nd owner in San Diego who I purchased from.

Car looks excellent cosmetically inside and out, a little scraping under very low front (can't see unless laying on the groud) but otherwise the paint looks fantastic, interior looks fantastic, engine bay looks fantastic and underside looks fantastic.

I thought the carb needed a little adjusting and felt the car to load up a bit at idle, I changed plugs, rotor and cap and had someone do a small carb adjustment (leaned out air mixture screws a half turn)... engine runs and sounds great though I still feel it runs a touch rich be mechanics says not really.

This is the polished VMS 427 SB, all guages work perfect and car runs surprisingly cool... there doesn't appear to be any neglect with this car, I was amazed how clean it is for a 2012 build, underside/suspension is quite immaculate

I still have what I would call a small front end low speed shake if I hit a bump or something. The front suspension looks like new, absolutely zero wear or play in anything, took the wheels off and sent them in for a road force balance and wheel shop said they balanced out excellent, tires are new and wheels have no nicks anywhere.

Car does run out well around town and great on the freeway. (I tried to load a running walk around but wouldn't load)

This is only my second cobra and only put a few hundred miles so I'm not a cobra expert but this car does show well in my opinion

Salsa red with single silver stripe and black outlines, black interior with red stitching... I have both steering wheels and a tonneau cover.

I purchased in a divorce sale, I actually paid off over $56k to a bank to get the car, an additional $4k to the owner, I have no real receipt past on the car other than what I found online through the forums with original owner Jeff (Cartman) on this site and talking with VMS... Jay said only one of two Backdrafts ordered with single stripe package.

I was going to advertise at $59,900.... is that in the right price range, too low? too high?

I feel it's a great price as one of the lowest priced Backdrafts out there and a beautiful car... kept it a little low as I feel an alignment may be in order, looks a little negative cambered and a touch toe out but it does run down the freeway perfectly straight... no play in the steering at all no wander or pull.

Just looking for a little feedback on asking price.

Haven't pulled the trigger on the sale yet... I have an opportunity to purchase a very nice 1960 corvette from a friend/co-worker for under $50 is why I'm selling, wasn't ready for an "old corvette" purchase but this deal will never come around again.

Also has California SB100

I will try again to load a few photos but I rarely can upload pics without the site saying "failed" even one at a time

Last edited by Robertk; 09-11-2022 at 02:54 PM..