View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Congratulations on the order! I am finally getting some shakedown mileage on my 289 build and absolutely love it. One of the most fun cars I have ever driven.

I went a little crazy with the originality aspect and had a new dash cut with the right-sized glove box door, sourced the correct SW gauges, real 1964 hipo motor with hipo heads, original buddy bar valve covers, etc.

No matter how you decide to finish yours, you won't be able to help but smile every time you drive it.

If you decide to follow the originality path, let me know and I can share a lot of helpful information. For example, SPF installs the competition-style gas cap on all of their cars. The correct street gas cap is smaller. So, most folks with SPF cars that install the correct ceandess cap have to put a rubber ring around the bottom to fill the gap. I worked with SPF on my build and had them only drill the pilot hole for the fuel filler neck and cap. Then, 5 minutes with a hole-saw I was able to drill the correct-sized opening without a need for a rubber ring. So now I have the correct gas cap that looks exactly as it did on the originals.

Steven Crumpley
firstname . lastname at gmail if you'd like to discuss more