View Single Post
Old 07-22-2002, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Dreamer. 1 I have had a 6-spd richmond in my car. ERA has to notch the frame and move the hand brake assembly to fit and clear in the tunnel. 18 inch tires? WHY. I have 17 inch tires and a set of 15 inch tires for the street. When autocrossing and road racing, the 15 inch tires will slide befor breaking loose under hard turning, the 17 inchers give they little WARNING. I liked my 6-spd, but where can you go 160 mph, and do you have the motor to push your car that fast. I have the first powersteering rack car built at ERA. I also wanted my car different from all the others. My car # is 428. The car is only 2500 lbs with a alum Shelby 452 ci. I have 3.31 rear and are going to a 3.07 with the racing G-Force 5 spd I just installed. You didn't say if you wanted pin drive wheels?Reverse on a 6-spd is in the extension housing of the tail shaft, and the trans is about 1 inch longer. The FIA is the car you should be looking at with the Ideas that you have said. Take a trip to ERA and look at the cars, Talk to Peter P. and Bob P. they are straight and honest about their product. I have not heard or seen a bad thing or a design flaw in this product, that is why a own one. In Kit Car 1983 they said, Era builds the strongest chassic of the replica cars and the body will never crack because it IS NOT a structure member of the frame. The Car is built like a tank. I have seen car that are 18 years old and look great, driven on the roads and raced. Show on signs of slowing down. Dreamer this is only my 3 cents. It took me 20 years to get my car, it was worth the wait. Rick Lake