View Single Post
Old 07-22-2002, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP329 w/KC489 Shelby
Not Ranked     

Rick,

I'm thinking Cobra R 18in (no pins). I want the biggest rubber I think I can live with to get them to stick when I want to move. Actually, I probably will not do any racing (OK, maybe once, just to see how it is). I can't really justify why I need the gearing for 160 mph, but I want it. Hey, why do any of these guys put 427s, 429s, 460s, or Supercharged ALUM 452s in 2500lbs street cars. We can't justify it. We just want it. Also, I was thinking of purchasing a Viper (the used ones are somewhat reasonable) when I caught the Cobra bug. I would be trying to get my Cobra to a level of performance where I wouldn’t feel I lost anything by going with the Cobra. I still might go that route because rolling windows and A/C are nice to have, but I like the idea of building (at least the parts I want to build) my own car and making it like I want it. The reason I'm concentrating on ERA is I hear they are the best. I was looking at EM as well, but they seem to be having problems. I hope that works out. I think I will at least consider Unique as well and rest assured, before I buy I will have tried.

Still Dreaming