View Single Post
Old 12-16-2002, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427SC w/427so, ERA GT #2002
Not Ranked     

Getting inside is a trick. Most "secrets" are held pretty close by those in the business of making horsepower such as Roush and Yates, but in the end the so-called "tricks" make common sense. These guys and their staffs spend hours and hours coming up the obvious. Then they have to develop durable bottom ends and valve trains. And many of these parts are unobtanium.

My challenge is to put together packages and components that can be purchased for a reasonable sum, more or less. But I've run parts straight out of engineering that can't be obtained by only the blessed, mostly involving cylinder heads. Bottom line is it's all about air, not only volume, but quality. Flow benches are good, dynos are better and tracks are best. Then there is the guy that just wants a strong relieable street engine. I'll have to cover the full spectrum, from street to all-out performance.

Boy, this is going to be a big job . . . but fun.

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough HORSEPOWER." Mark Donohue