View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     

Jordan,

Our car is much more reasonable than people think. We really give quite a few more parts with our car than most people do. I would like someday to put the prices up on the web, but there are only 24 hours in the day and I feel like I work 26 of them.

Lew,

The interior dimentions of the 289, the hybrid, and the 427 are identical. Actually, the hood, trunk, and doors are all identical between the cars. Even the "cutback" doors on the FIA are really nothing more than a small piece at the back of the door which is welded on backwards. The frame tubing on the car is actually identical. It is rather hard to explain, but it is the same.

The tunnels to the cars are the same as well. The cut out for the shifter is in a different place on the 289, (a little forward), but other than that, they are the same. The down tubes for the footboxes are the same as well. The only difference really, is the fenders and the nose. The fenders are wider on a 427 and the material was added into the fender...not the center of the car.

Actually, the hood, trunk, and doors, are identical to an Ace, and a Bristol. The cockpit tubing and main cowl hoop are the same as well. I have even sold a hood to a customer who owned an Acea to fix his car. The design of those parts goes back quite a long time.

David

I hope this answers your questions.
"Fear is the thief of dreams."