Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2003, 07:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham KMP 666
Not Ranked     
Default 3 Kirkhams on eBay simultaneously

Yeah, tooting your own horn and all, but it's not like this happens every day.

There's a:
289 FIA
289 Hybrid
427 Replacement Body

all can be seen in:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...hammotorsports

Steve.
Old 02-05-2003, 07:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question

Steve,

Are there any Kirkhams in Alabama ??

Or might I be the first one if I win one of these cars ??

Y'all take it easy now, Brett
Old 02-05-2003, 08:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     
Smile

We have an absolutely beautiful black car in Alabama. The customer is really nice. Peter Brock took pictures of me in it several years ago. They are up on our wall. Peter Brock is really nice.

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."
Old 02-11-2003, 06:49 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

David, a few quick questions. I was wondering if you can briefly detail the $20K in additional parts required to make a roller you mention in the hybrid ad. Also, I am assuming that the suspension pieces and steering you mention must be bought from you guys, so I was wondering what the rationale for selling the kits in an incomplete form is? I assume so a guy can go piece by piece rather than having to sock down all that money at the same time? Thank you so much for your time. Good luck with your new sales efforts.

Jordan
Old 02-11-2003, 07:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Same question as Jordan??
Old 02-13-2003, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     
Smile

Jordan XLR8OR,

Thanks for the question and sorry for the delay. It has been a zoo around here.

We are selling the cars in a minimal form because we are just testing out the market. We are exploring different avenues to sell the cars. Actually, I am quite surpirsed there are so many people who look at e-bay. We have had numerous calls, and e-mails from all sorts of people. Many of them current customers who didnt' know we had 289 FIA cars for sale.

We figured we would sell the cars like they are for a couple of reasons. Frankly, we are not sure what the best way to sell the cars is and we are exploring other avenues. E-bay has mostly worked for us...but there have been some incredible deals where we have let some parts go for below our cost. It is all part of advertising and marketing and figuring out what will work and what will not.

As time goes on, we are offering more and more options on our cars. For example:

Wilwood brakes
adjustable heim-jointed suspensions
Jag differential/vs original differential
Lexan windshields
Smiths vs Autometer gauges
etc.

All of these things have a bearing on the final cost of the car. Some of them are very expensive and a lot of money can be saved if you want different things on your car and are not so concerned about 100% authenticity.

We are letting the customer decide what they want to do and how they want to spend their money. Interestingly, we are finding more and more people want the upgrade parts...which, suprisingly, are usually much less expensive. We are expanding our market into other potential customers we didn't have in past years. So far we are happy with the results.

Please let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you, or let me know if you would like me to explain anything further. Thank you for your interest in our cars and have a great day!

David
Old 02-13-2003, 11:28 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

David, thank you for your timely and thorough response. As you begin to gather pricing info I suggest putting a matrix on your site with a complete roller at the top and a bare bones setup on the bottom with the options and prices in between. This will allow people to get a feel for the real cost of one of your cars and I suspect it is less than most people think, or at least more favorable to other replicas than one might think.

Thanks,
Jordan
Old 02-13-2003, 12:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP
Not Ranked     

David/Steve/Tom:

Are the interior dimensions of the hybrid car the same as the leaf-sprung 289 FIA, or is the trans tunnel wider in order to accept the 427 engine set-up?

Thanks,
Lew Ledyard
Old 02-13-2003, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Jordan,

Our car is much more reasonable than people think. We really give quite a few more parts with our car than most people do. I would like someday to put the prices up on the web, but there are only 24 hours in the day and I feel like I work 26 of them.

Lew,

The interior dimentions of the 289, the hybrid, and the 427 are identical. Actually, the hood, trunk, and doors are all identical between the cars. Even the "cutback" doors on the FIA are really nothing more than a small piece at the back of the door which is welded on backwards. The frame tubing on the car is actually identical. It is rather hard to explain, but it is the same.

The tunnels to the cars are the same as well. The cut out for the shifter is in a different place on the 289, (a little forward), but other than that, they are the same. The down tubes for the footboxes are the same as well. The only difference really, is the fenders and the nose. The fenders are wider on a 427 and the material was added into the fender...not the center of the car.

Actually, the hood, trunk, and doors, are identical to an Ace, and a Bristol. The cockpit tubing and main cowl hoop are the same as well. I have even sold a hood to a customer who owned an Acea to fix his car. The design of those parts goes back quite a long time.

David

I hope this answers your questions.
Old 02-13-2003, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

David -

Did youi get the email I sent a few days ago?

Pat