View Single Post
Old 03-21-2003, 08:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We have had our snags (wrong motor mounts, wrong clutch disc etc.) but it has been amazingly simple so far. I think we are just starting to realize how useful the manual can be. One quick snag we ran into tonight was the oil filter. Bill Parham from souther automotive told us that a Motorcraft FL-1 (I believe) would fit on the remote mount. I didn't really want to use a Motorcraft filter so I cross referenced the number and got a Mobil 1 1-301 (I belive again). This filter did not fit the remote mount that ERA supplied (which is on the car), but it did fit the remote mount that Southern sent (spare). I would assume the thread is different? Does anyone know part numbers for oil filters. I did look in the manual this time and nothing is listed. Another snag we ran into is fitting the rear air cleaner under the hood. Bill Parham is sending us a 2" filter as apposed to the 2.5", but I don't think that will cut it. We thought about cutting part of the lip underneath the hood (that is the only part it is hitting, not the actual hood itself) to give us extra room, but I figured some of you guys have run into the same problem. The third and final problem we ran into was the throttle linkage and coil. It appears as though where the coil mounts the throttle linkage is supposed to pass directly through, and the manual doesn't mention anything about this either. So, once again, any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.