View Single Post
Old 03-27-2003, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom Built Classic Motor Carriage T 5 Z tranny still in the making ..
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb Thats my point

Yeap that's why I prefer to do collision work.Less work ,time and more money .If you figure that you spend at least 70 to 150 hrs on a cobra body @40.00 an hour thats $2800.00 to $6000.00 just on LABOR . Paint & Met . 800.00 to 2000.00 on top .WHY would someone want to work for free in a business when he has WORK to do at 40.00 plus and 30% mark up on parts .There are just a few people willing to do this kind of work for less moneys and a few people willing to pay this kind a price for Quality work YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR .Ask a few people in the club that know this for a fact .I am not directing this to or at anyone in our club but just giving you a insight from the opposite side .So If you are going to spend 5000.00 on a engine 3500. for tires and 15000.00 on a kit why do you think you are going to get it painted for 1500.00 Now Dennis did get his done at a reasonable price and has one of the better paint jobs for the money .Other than that if you want to save some money do it yourself.Just like anything else .But remember that most paint shops don't like painting over someone's work ! Because they are the ones to get blamed for any problems that may occur other than solvent pop a painter would not be reasonable for anything other than that !most of the other problems will be on the body work side .
T