View Single Post
Old 04-18-2003, 05:50 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Check under the Lemon Laws and the specifics required by your state. It can be done but Ford makes you jump through the Zone Rep hoops before it will happen. I did it with our F150 Lariat which Ford bought back and in turn purchased a 2000 Navigator at dealer cost, plus "a buyers incentive" which effectively was a credit of $6800 plus an increase in factory warranty from 3/36 to 6/100. They'll tell you it doesn't exist but it does and it can be done. What problems did you have and how was it addressed by the dealer. If you like private e-mail me at sudans2@infocom.com and subject it as "Navigator".
Hope this helps.

Your right to rescind has expired however as others have suggested, approaching your salesman, the general manager then the owner, if necessary and trading into another available vehicle, might be the answer. If you've taken the vehicle in for repairs and they were not successfully completed, the Lemon Laws might apply. Be sure to have a comprehensive record of when you brought the vehicle in for repairs, the nature of the problem, how the problem was addressed, how long you were without transportation etc.
If the dealer does not provide satisfaction, check for the corporate number in the back section of your owners manual and lodge a complaint at the top. If they have not responded within 3 working days, recall the main office and become a very verbose, unhappy camper. You will get attention.

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."

Last edited by Dan Semko; 04-18-2003 at 07:43 PM..