View Single Post
Old 04-18-2003, 11:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the info guys.

I am more upset with the dealership than with the actual vehicle.
Returning it for something else would not suffice as I refuse to give them my bussiness plus Lincoln does not have any other high end model that I like. I already have a Lariat.

I own a service business myself and I guess I have very strict standards regarding customer service, especially for high end products.

Two Fridays ago I took delivary and as I was leaving I noticed their were scratches allover the left back seat door. When I pointed this out they played it down and then told me to come back in a few days and they would buff it out.

A few days later I noticed decent sized oil spots on my driveway, turns out the truck is leaking what I beleive is stearing fluid. When I called to set up the appointment for the scratch repairs and now the leaking fluid I was told it would be about a week before I could bring it in since I needed a loaner.

During that 10 day period I never got a follow up call from the Sales dept. I also own an X5 and I will tell you that BMW follows up on every visit , no matter how insignifigant.

Then about 5 days after delivery I noticed their were verticle , deep scratches, very thin but about ten inches long, on the metal molding between the the right front and back door windows.
At first I was pissed that someone had screwed with my truck but then noticed the exact type of damage on the left side of the truck in the same exact spot, between the windows.
At this point I have this new black truck with scratches all over it and I get the pleasure of looking at a new stain every morning that the thing sits in my driveway.
Finally, when I got to drop it off for the repairs, the service guy tells me that he doesn't have a loaner to give me!!...and that if I don't have a ride I'll have to come back.
At that point I could have killed someone.
Since I refused to let that thing stain my driveway one more night I had my wife come pick me up.
Just as she arrived, they told me that a loaner that just pulled in. A filthy Winstar that stunk like baby piss.

Also when I showed them the other scratches between the windows ,they said it looked like someone had thrown a rope over the truck to tie something down and it must have happened while I had it because I would have noticed it when I bought it.
I know for a fact that these scratches were produced prior to my purchase, I just can't prove it.

I had my wife pick up the vehilcle today and when I got home I could not believe that the condition of which it was returned.
The side that had the door scratches on it was covered with a rime of dust from when they buffed it. You could easily write your name thru it. They did not repair the window molding scatches. The right side tires were all scuffed as if they side swiped a curb and the inside steering wheel and drivers door were marked up with greasy fingerprints.
I plan on making a visit to the GM (owner) but unless I can throw the keys at him I'm sure my complaints will fall on deaf ears as I have come to realize this is probably a man who does not have much pride in his work.

Does this sound like petty *****ing? Probably, but I beleive if your going to sell something you better be prepared to stand behind it.
Anyways, unless I can walk away from it I will probably keep it and go to another Ford Servce center from now on.