View Single Post
Old 04-19-2003, 06:01 AM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You have cause for recourse but it is important that you maintain your cool. At this point, I'd go directly to the owner and start your conversation with the opening," I'm very upset and realize that this is probably the first time you've become aware of my specific vehicle problems, I'm sorry if I come across as angry and really irritated to you but here's my problem" then proceed. If you unload swearing etc on the owner, you'll place him in the defensive position and your fight will be unhill. Give him a chance to rectify his service department's inadequacies. If you are not satisfied after this encounter, contact the zone rep as well as Ford's main customer office which is listed in the back of your owners manual. If you financed the car via Ford, tell them that you will be stopping payment and that you've cancelled the insurance. Return the car to the dealerships service department and after you're inside, go outside to your other vehicle, return with a large trash bag and start to unload everything from the glove box and storage areas, followed by removing your license plates. By this time someone will notice what's happening and ask you what you're doing. Just smile and tell them you are very unhappy, you've stopped payment and cancelled the insurance and they can have their vehicle back. Smile while you're doing this. They will become VERY attentive. Then LEAVE, don't argue or get nasty, just LEAVE. Believe me, your phone will be ringing when you arrive home. Calmly restate your problems with them, tell them you're tired of getting the run around, you've tried to be nice but now the game is over. They'll become very pleasant and will work to make you happy. Try it, you have nothing to loose and everything to gain. It worked for me.

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."