View Single Post
Old 06-27-2003, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up The way I see it !

I hope this comes out the way it's meant to.
I'm probably one of the oldest participants on this board. I have gone to 20 NSRA nationals with my 34 Vicky and countless other events. Super Chevy, Street Machine Nationals. SAAC, and 5 Run & Guns. None of these events , and I mean none , gave me the enjoyment per dollar as the DVSF III. I truley can't say that the others were as much fun as this was. Run and Gun is a close second only because the Fling has a charity added bonus that I like. It helps kids and that makes me feel good. The Run & Gun event is probably the best venue you'll ever find for good safe "get it on" fun. Wayne Turpin and his associates do a fantastic job it that way.
Now ED Combs has turned a little picnic into a wonderful fun charity event where we get to meet and visit friends we don't see everyday. I met new friends and saw many of the guys I know through this board. What all this is about is exactly what several members have stated, it's about the people. Now keep this thought and you will come away with a better perspective about what it's all about. The formula Ed as used is working and he will improve it with proper critique. Knocking things does not help. Offer good honest input and this event will become a thing of beauty for CF and the Cobra family. The exibhitions with our cars is not intended to be any thing like a compitition. It's an oppurtunity to share fun and exitment that we have for these little mighty mites. The smile on those faces that rode in these cars are priceless. All they can say is WOW!!
Ed, if you change the venue other than to improve on what you already have then you will be allowing the negetive input to effect a great event. I have been to every one of the Flings and I will continue to only because you have made a supreme effort to make this a worth while event for all. Your family and friends have also gone way beyond the call to make a great event better.
I do read most of these post and I must say that some are very disappointing in that they are ragging on something that could be brought to light in a more diplomatic way. The worst thing is how Ed and his family may take these comments. I don't want these few to effect the majority. All I can say at this point is BRAVO! to all that had a hand in what I consider to be the best. I'll be there next year and the year after that. The 4,000 mile round trip is a piece a cake for the fun and enjoyment I get.

Hersh