Thread: Cobra Opinion
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2003, 08:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter 427, 5.0 (302)
Not Ranked     

Lonestar is a low to mid pack quality car that has an extended wheelbase and uses a Live Axle(mustang 8.8 or 9" Ford) with Mustang II type front suspension. Other cars that are similar are the Classic Roadster (96" wb). I would say the A&C, B&B and FFR are in a similar price range and use similar suspensions. The midstates and Shell Valley are similar but maybe a little more expensive.

The JBL is a very Hi-Tech chassis with a modified Cobra Body slipped over the chassis. This is for the guy that likes a race type suspension and is not looking to replicate a Cobra.

If you want a IRS type car you need to step up to the folowing
High end: ERA, Shelby & Superformance(everyone knows these)

Mid Pack: Unique(very good value), Hunter(low cost for quality components) , EM(if they get back in business) Backdraft(great alternative to the guy who wants a Superformance but can live with a few minor detail changes for a $10k savings) or a FFR IRS(great handling car but has a few quirks in the body like perky butt and non lined hood and trunk)

Low end
Street Beasts(just based on their past life as C&C or whatever they called themselves. The cars are actually pretty good if you ever get one with all the parts)

That is about all the ones I have laid my hands on or researched myself

Disclaimer
All opinions are mine and others may differ.