Old 07-31-2003, 08:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hudgins

John,

The front structure is being fabricated now. Dave is making a run of them. They have the upper crosspiece moved to allow more clearance for the anti-roll bar actuator in droop.
Richard,

Dave told me he is sending me the front clip this week for sure. It is powder coated and ready....hummm. I know about the clearance issue with the upper crosspiece. I had to clearance this tube to allow room for the actuator to rotate with the roll bar as suspension moves.
Question: if you are moving the upper crosspiece, I'm assuming forward towards the radiator, wouldn't the (2) body-support- round-verticals need to be shorter to match the downward body contour?

I didn't have much trouble with the triple disc setup but my girlfriend wants to be able to drive the car, hence the rally clutch. Richard, I'm wondering if this is such a good idea?

BANDIT 1,

I don't get it.....maybe a 335 series engine, which I think included Aussie 302C. I suppose my engine would be similar. However, if a big block was ever to be stuffed into a JBL, it would be by someone much crazier than me....perhaps JBL Dave. I know he has one or two alloy Boss 429's laying around. Now that would be a 385 series engine.

THanks, John