Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > JBL-- JBL Larry G.

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2003, 04:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     
Default Boss JBL Progress

While the engine was out I thought it would be convenient to change out the on/off switch to something a bit more manageable. This is a rally clutch. Uses two discs (organic) instead of three disc (bronze). Still not a street clutch but a bit more forgiving.

It's a 331 giant killer.

And here it is back in the hole.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Porsche 928 S4
Not Ranked     

John,

Looks good.

I was always quite partial to the triple plate units. They could embarrass you as the driver quicker than anything. Nothing like killing the engine as you try to leave your pit box.

I was by the shop today and Dave said he was sending out a upright and new front rotor hats and caliper mounts. As well as new spindle bolts, washers and nuts. (This is a update.)

The front structure is being fabricated now. Dave is making a run of them. They have the upper crosspiece moved to allow more clearance for the anti-roll bar actuator in droop.

Richard Hudgins
Old 07-30-2003, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That is impressive. Very nice-looking engine.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's nice to know that the first big block in a JBL Cobra is a 385 series engine!
Old 07-31-2003, 08:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hudgins

John,

The front structure is being fabricated now. Dave is making a run of them. They have the upper crosspiece moved to allow more clearance for the anti-roll bar actuator in droop.
Richard,

Dave told me he is sending me the front clip this week for sure. It is powder coated and ready....hummm. I know about the clearance issue with the upper crosspiece. I had to clearance this tube to allow room for the actuator to rotate with the roll bar as suspension moves.
Question: if you are moving the upper crosspiece, I'm assuming forward towards the radiator, wouldn't the (2) body-support- round-verticals need to be shorter to match the downward body contour?

I didn't have much trouble with the triple disc setup but my girlfriend wants to be able to drive the car, hence the rally clutch. Richard, I'm wondering if this is such a good idea?

BANDIT 1,

I don't get it.....maybe a 335 series engine, which I think included Aussie 302C. I suppose my engine would be similar. However, if a big block was ever to be stuffed into a JBL, it would be by someone much crazier than me....perhaps JBL Dave. I know he has one or two alloy Boss 429's laying around. Now that would be a 385 series engine.

THanks, John
Old 07-31-2003, 09:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Porsche 928 S4
Not Ranked     

John,

Quote "Dave told me he is sending me the front clip this week for sure. It is powder coated and ready....hummm."

I cannot answer this one. But, I know that the new parts (With the upper crossmember moved forward) just came out of the CNC mill on Tuesday. They are being welded up now.

Quote: " Question: if you are moving the upper crosspiece, I'm assuming forward towards the radiator, wouldn't the (2) body-support- round-verticals need to be shorter to match the downward body contour?"

No. the mounting tabs on the crossmember are moved to the rear of the tube. This puts them in the same location as the old units.

As to your girlfriend driving the car. (No matter what type of clutch) Your call.

At least if she prangs it, you can take out the damages in trade.

Richard Hudgins